Experienced, Customised Training and
Expert Consultancy in the
Globally Harmonized System (GHS) Hazardous Chemicals (WHS) and Dangerous Goods Transport & Storage
What I Do
- Review your Site or design compliance with Australian Standards for storage and handling of various dangerous goods and applicable legislative requirements.
- Compliance for Hazardous Chemicals and the GHS for Classification on Labelling and Safety Data Sheet requirements for chemical suppliers, manufacturers and importers.
- Training in GHS Classification and Labelling requirements.
- Training for workplaces in understanding chemical hazards.
- Training Courses in Dangerous Goods Storage, Handling and Transport, tailored to your needs, staff and materials.
What I've Done
- Delivery of national training on behalf of Safe Work Australia for the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling, extended in 2013 and repeated in 2014
- Consultancy on Dangerous Goods issues, including resolution of issues across different transport modes and jurisdictional applications
- Delivered professional development for Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists, 2016
- Presenter at HAZMAT 2009, 2012, 2013, 2016 and 2018 MC at HAZMAT 2015.
- Presenter at Dangerous Goods Operations 2016, 2017 and 2018. Facilitated full day Dangerous Goods Workshop 2018.
- Presenter at Australasian Institute of Occupational Hygienists Conference, 2013
- Developer of a system for GHS Classification based on use of available data, including identifying areas of shortfall.
- Provided initial comment on the Victorian Dangerous Goods Storage and Handling Regulations 2012 in stakeholders meetings.
- Provided initial comment on the Victorian Dangerous Goods Code of Practice 2013 in stakeholders meetings.
- Reviewed comment from John Borig on Amendment Package 2 prepared by the NTC in 2013 – identified additional issues relating to Overpack marking and EIPs that would have had unintended consequences.
- Provided consultancy advice to Australian customers dealing with international dangerous goods transport issues, including comparison of ADG with UN17, ADR, IMDG and IATA Regulations.
- Adapted an existing 2 day course in Dangerous Goods to reflect new National model legislation relating to Hazardous Chemicals, and updates in ADG 7.3, through to 7.6, with 7.7 in preparation.
- Delivered training courses in storage, handling, transport and classification, customised to client needs, including the adaptation of assessment activities to reflect key areas of concern.
- Performed Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Chemicals audits on manufacturing sites, warehouses, distribution centres and general workplaces.
- Performed specific Dangerous Goods Transport training for transporters of gases, flammable liquids, corrosives and general logistics transport agents.
- Assessed large manufacturing sites for Major Hazard Facilities Threshold Quantities, and advised on avoidance of these.
- Contributed to public comment on Work Health and Safety Legislation, including working with the Plastics and Chemical Industry Association [PACIA] response.